Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Chapter 11: Family Day


On her next day off, CeeCee visits her family. It's been a while since she's seen them and a lot has happened. First off, Reid and Candice have aged up. Apparently they had a big party but no one thought to invite CeeCee. Candice cooks up a delicious meal and they all sit down for some nice lunch.


“Cristina told me she moved out, finally,” CeeCee says. She doesn't add that Cristina is the only one who tells her anything.

“Yeah, with her boyfriend,” Cedric smirks.

“Cristina said they're just roommates.” Cassandra rolls her eyes at her immature younger brother. Apparently this isn't the first time she's heard this. “Besides, she told me that Daendre is in love with someone else.”

“Oh?” CeeCee looks up from her plate. “He's never said anything to me. Do you know who she is?”

Cassandra shakes her head. “No, apparently he won't say. Not even to Cristina.”

“Well, she better not hurt him. Any girl would be lucky to have him, he's a great guy.”

“What about you, do you have a great guy in your life?” Candice asks CeeCee. CeeCee internally seethes inside. It sounds like an innocent query but CeeCee knows her mother better than that – it's a loaded question.

“Actually, I have met someone, if you must know. His name is Sri and he loves music just like me.”

Candice smiles tightly. “How nice. Reid, did you pick up the new fertilizer like I asked?”

CeeCee catches Cassandra's eye and they share a smile.

“How about a game of chess after lunch, CeeCee? We still have the table we couldn't pry you away from when you were young.” Reid chuckles at the memory.

CeeCee groans. “I haven't played in years!”

The table is cleared and CeeCee and Reid get ready to play. Cassandra steps in before Reid can sit down. “Actually, CeeCee, I have a confession I need to make first. I've also met someone.”
“That's great, Cassandra! I'm so happy for you.”
“Actually, we're already living together ... and married ... and we have a son.”

CeeCee can only stare at her sister, her smile frozen on her face.


“What? And you didn't tell me all of this!”
Cassandra sighs. “I know you've been so busy and you're barely around. Besides, we didn't have a ceremony. It just sort of happened overnight.”

“You met someone, married and had a child overnight, as if by magic then?” CeeCee scoffs. “Whatever.”
“I'm sorry, CeeCee. But I would love it if you stopped by and got to know my family.”

CeeCee's suddenly not in the mood to play chess anymore and goes to fume on the bench. Cedric joins her.
“I can't believe her”! CeeCee rages to Cedric. “No one in this family tells me anything!”
“If it's any consolation, Cassandra didn't really tell any of us until it happened.”
“Next thing you'll be telling me you've had triplets!”
“Well, actually...”
CeeCee's head snaps to Cedric. “Don't tell me...”
Cedric laughs. “No, no. But I am engaged. Anna May, Daedre's sister, actually. That's how Cristina and Daedre became friends. Do you think Daedre's actually in love with Cristina but won't say because he thinks she'll never want to get married or have children?”
“Daedre and Cristina?” CeeCee almost laughs at the thought but then thinks about it. They are very good friends and they used to go out all the time before CeeCee joined the group, and now they're living together... she never got that impression, but still, CeeCee knows she is lost in her music most of the time. “I don't know...”

There's a silence. “Are you okay?”

CeeCee smiles and looks away. “Yes, of course ... I'm fine. I'm fine.”



**

CeeCee heads to the library later that day. She's a need to research some workout tips for a while now, but she doesn't have a computer at home – it would distract her from her music too much - and so has been putting it off.

I think guys have a tendency to swarm CeeCee ... I wonder if it's Sims 4 programming because girls rarely intrude on the conversation like guys do, haha.

Anyway, CeeCee's a taken girl now, but it doesn't mean she can't keep her options open. It does seem like she's caught the only music lover in Willow Creek, though. CeeCee already knows Addison but she meets Alonso Barday who just seems like too much to handle (active, hot-headed and a goofball does not strike CeeCee as the perfect combination in a boyfriend) and Simon deChato who is a cutie but turns out to be married – to Cassandra Goth nonetheless, yikes! CeeCee's not going near that without a 10-foot pole.


In the end, CeeCee decides to stop at Cassandra's new house. It's on the way and not far from where she lives – right across the road actually.

Hello James Red! He seems nice enough, but he better be to make up for the fact that he's a Slob and a Glutton. CeeCee hopes Cassandra didn't just pick him because he's active like she is.


CeeCee finally gets to meet her nephew! It turns out that he's an Arrogant little thing, but he's just as surprised to find out he has an aunt that CeeCee is to find out she is one.


After meeting her family, CeeCee and Casandra have a chat in the kitchen.
“I'm sorry I didn't tell you.”
“It's okay, I know I've been absent since I've left home.” CeeCee sighs. “I'm just so happy for you. You have a nice little family.”

Cassandra smiles. “Thank you. I am happy. Friends?”
CeeCee laughs. “Of course. Always.”
(autonomous hugs are the best. I actually missed it when they hugged the first time so I had to make them hug again, but it should still count! haha)


Seeing Cassandra and her family makes CeeCee realize how much she wants someone in her life. Maybe not a child just yet, but she does want someone with whom she can share her interests and who will push her in her professional ambitions because he believes in what she's doing. She smiles, thrilled to have found Sri. She knows now she was right to accept him.

No comments:

Post a Comment