Thursday, December 11, 2014

Chapter 22: Alba's Birthday


The years days fly by for Alba and Levi. Their days are filled with homework, levelling up their skills, completing aspirations and just plain having fun!
(Levi completed his first aspiration of being a Social Butterfly and now wants to be a Rambunctious Scamp!)


Sri and CeeCee are equally hard at work:
CeeCee tackles the few venues left for the her to play for tips at


While Sri hugs random strangers and pickpockets them!


At work, Sri is slowly climbing his way up the ladder. He now has enough prestige to dress up and look cool x)


At home, Sri helps the children with their homework. Here he is becoming friends with Levi!


Unfortunately, things still aren't resolved between Sri and CeeCee. Is the flame gone? Are they only staying together for the children? It seems like even they don't know.

Before long, it's time for Alba to age up into a teenager. When the time came around, I was very upset about two things:
1) I HATE that children can't throw parties!!!! Levi & Alba have probably 15 good acquaintances between the two of them (mostly the same people) but CeeCee had to throw the party for Alba and CeeCee only knew like 5 of Alba's friends (and not even her closest ones). I had to get Alba to invite her friends over, get CeeCee to introduce herself to them, ask them to leave and then invite them again via the social event planning. It was a huge pain! Hahaha

Anyway, maybe only 5 guests would have been for the best because the house is actually tiny and it was packed full!!!!

This, would have been the perfect number of guests...


...this was not!
(there are others in the living room too ... oh, woe is me x_x)
(and, yes CeeCee is playing the violin in the crammed kitchen with her back to everyone haha. One of the requirements was that someone had to play an instrument for an hour and CeeCee felt like that was the spot to do that. Not she's like in anyone's way or anything).

As you can see, all of Levi and Alba's friends have already aged up. I used the DYI Story Progression  method to create friends for Levi and Alba since all the townies were getting pretty ancient. Unfortunately, I didn't think about the aging problem (I rarely do) and created all the kids at at the same time. Oops. I'll have to remember timing for the next gen.

Anyway, the house was packed but everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves. Everyone especially seemed to be enjoying CeeCee's home-cooked meals too. They absolutely cleaned out the fridge, which was particularly pleasing for them but particularly annoying for CeeCee & myself!
Or, well, maybe just myself. Look how ridiculously happy CeeCee is cleaning up after the guests.
Weirdo, haha.

2) I wished I'd taken pictures of all Levi and Alba's friends as children so it would be less confusing for everyone as to who is who (they have many friends). Also some of their transformations were just phenomenal and I wish I had taken close-ups of them as children to compare. Boo. I shall remember this for the next generation :p
I did take a couple pictures of some teens that I thought were particularly good-looking!

Marisa Gillespie (do you remember her? She was that cute hot-head I had Levi chat up on the jungle gym ages ago!)


And Alexa May-Rose, CeeCee's niece.
I just found her to be stunning. I'm actually quite upset that she's Levi's cousin, hahaha, boo :p

Soon it came time for me to turn the camera away from Alba's guests and onto the cake!

Make a wish, Alba!


I present to you, Alba the teen!


Alba's aging up rolls were very very interesting.
First off, she rolled the trait of Loner.
Alba's a creative soul who spent her childhood on monkey bars and jungle gyms. She was always around one friend or another and she barely had time to play the violin or paint a picture. I think this trait is her way of telling me that she needs a rest. She had a fun, bustling childhood but now she needs to reconnect with her artistic self!

And yet, she'll never regret or forget her childhood spent in the sunshine because she rolled the aspiration Freelance Botanist. I don't know about you but I totally OMFG'D when I saw this. I'm so happy because that was Candice's aspiration! Alba may not have known her grandmother, but there's a garderner in everyone of these legacy children, I tell you, just lurking and waiting for their moment to shine. I just love how Alba reconnects with her grandmother after CeeCee tried to cut the cord hehe ^^

The party was fun but ended with a silver medal – my last task was to compliment the birthday sim 4 times but none of my “compliment outfit” or “flatter” interactions seemed to count. Oh well.

After the guests left I gave Alba a quick little makeover
(that the default outfit she aged up with. Isn't it gorgeous? I feel like it matches her perfectly!)

That's the end of this chapter! Next time, Alba will start seeking out a potential boyfriend (2 strong candidates she'll have to choose from) and gathering plants to start her garden. Meanwhile, Levi will have to find other ways to amuse himself now that none of his friends can play on the jungle gym with him (I suppose they could be monsters, but they have more important flirting things to do now that they're all grown up!).  

No comments:

Post a Comment